The Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative (OREI) seeks to solve critical organic agriculture issues, priorities, or problems through the integration of research, education, and extension activities. The purpose of this program is to fund projects that will enhance the ability of producers and processors who have already adopted organic standards to grow and market high quality organic agricultural products. Priority concerns include biological, physical, and social sciences, including economics.
EPA's Office of Air and Radiation (EPA/OAR) is seeking applications from eligible entities to provide comprehensive air quality policy and regulatory analysis including support and national coordination activities to assist tribes in understanding, participating in and responding to EPA/OAR's policy and regulatory activities. EPA anticipates awarding approximately $1,005,000 over three years. EPA anticipates awarding up to one cooperative agreement from this announcement, subject to availability of funds, the quality of applications received, and other applicable considerations.
The Maritime Administration, Office of Environment is issuing this request for proposals (RFP) for projects that demonstrate shipboard energy conservation or efficiency measures.
Background: Over the past several years, the Maritime Administration (MARAD) has been partnering with government agencies, industry, and academia on efforts to reduce vessel and port emissions, as well as efforts to support the use of alternative fuel and energy sources. Currently, MARAD would like to focus on exploring and supporting proposals focused on shipboard energy efficiency and conservation.
The U.S. Forest Service requests proposals to substantially expand and accelerate wood energy and wood products markets throughout the United States to support forest management needs on National Forest System and other forest lands.
This Request for Proposals focuses on the following priorities to:
• Reduce hazardous fuels and improve forest health on National Forest System and other forest lands.
• Reduce costs of forest management on all land types.
• Promote economic and environmental health of communities.
- Facilitate sharing of environmental data, especially through shared and reusable services.
- Streamline data collection and exchanges to improve its timeliness for decision making.
- Increase the quality and access to environmental data through discovery, publishing, outbound, and analytical services so it is more useful to environmental managers.
This notice announces the availability of funds and solicits applications from eligible organizations to provide the outreach and technical assistance necessary to increase tribal participation in the National Environmental Information Exchange Network (EN) (http://www.exchangenetwork.net/), which is an element of E-Enterprise for the Environment (EE) (https://e-enterprisefortheenvironment.net).
The Environmental Justice Small Grants (EJSG) Program provides funding directly to community-based organizations for projects that help residents of underserved communities understand and address local environmental and public health issues. For purposes of this announcement, the term "underserved community" refers to a community with environmental justice concerns and/or vulnerable populations, including minority, low income, rural, tribal, indigenous, and homeless populations that may be disproportionately impacted by environmental harms and risks.
- Evaluate current landfill conditions to identify threats to water resources.
- Provide technical assistance or training to enhance the operation and maintenance of active landfills.
- Provide technical assistance or training to help communities reduce the amount of solid waste coming into a landfill.