A Green Business Program is a community building program. A Green Business recognition program is a positive bridge between government agencies and businesses. It can be a powerful incentive for businesses to take advantage of government assistance to conserve resources and save money. It also engages the public to patronize businesses that operate more sustainably. The Green Business Program can also help government agencies meet City/County sustainability goals through GHG reductions, resource conservation mandates. These goals might those mandated in a Climate Action Plan or outlined in solid waste diversion or water conservation targets. A Green Business Program can also improve environmental compliance by encouraging businesses to adopt numerous “beyond compliance” related to waste reduction, pollution prevention, and water conservation.
Here’s some of what you get from CAGBN if your region is selected for funding:
- $30,000 first year funding;
- Training, mentorship and support;
- Waive your first year member fees to the network;
- Recruitment resources;
- Marketing: adwords, key business outlets, social media;
- Window Clings, certificates to give to certified businesses;
- Web based tracking system (green business program in-a-box);
- Sector specific checklists;
- Collaboration with peers and;
- Likely ongoing funding that exceeds member dues.