California Fire Safe Council (CFSC) and Edison International, parent company of Southern California Edison (SCE), are pleased to announce a joint collaboration to provide grants to communities in Southern California Edison service areas. The objective of this project is to provide small grants for community fire prevention and preparedness projects. Funding may be used to further enhance community projects such as: capacity building, community outreach/preparedness, and permit-ready hazardous fuel reduction projects. Successful projects are easy-start, easy-finish, with a simple closing report to document project success
Examples of projects may be in the following three priority areas:
- Capacity building for new or emerging Fire Safe Councils.
- Organizational infrastructure and/or equipment.
Hazardous Fuel Treatment
- Developing or acquiring fire safety educational publications.
- A community-area risk assessment to identify possible mitigation projects.
- Community workshops on Hardened Homes and/or Defensible Space.
- Help developing a CWPP after a community risk assessment is done.
Other projects of this nature will be considered as well.
- A chipper day or weekend for the community to chip brush and branches.
- Defensible space assistance for special needs populations.
- Permit-ready fuel treatments.
- Purchase of small equipment, such as chippers or chainsaws.