This program reduces or eliminates pollution of water resources by providing funding for organizations that provide technical assistance or training to improve the planning and management of solid waste sites.
What is an eligible area? Rural areas and towns with a population of 10,000 or less -- check eligible addresses.
What may the funds be used for?
These grants may not be used to:
- Evaluate current landfill conditions to identify threats to water resources.
- Provide technical assistance or training to enhance the operation and maintenance of active landfills.
- Provide technical assistance or training to help communities reduce the amount of solid waste coming into a landfill.
- Provide technical assistance or training to prepare for closure and future use of a landfill site.
- Duplicate current services, replace or substitute support previously provided, i.e., service already rendered by a consultant in developing a project.
- Duplicate assistance provided by the U.S. Forest Service.
- Pay for capital assets, real estate or vehicles
- Pay for construction, operation or maintenance
- Improve or renovate office space or repair or maintain private property
- See 7 CFR 1775.5 for a complete list.